Proof of Income

All Clients must bring proof of their incomebecause Legal Aid needs to tell its funders whom we are serving. Please BRING one of the following things to show us what your INCOME is.  NOTE: If you do not bring this documentation you may not be seen.

  • If you work: A recent pay stub.
  • If you get food stamps, SonomaWorks, or G.A.: Your benefits card or letter saying you get benefits.
  • If you get SSI or Social Security: The letter describing your monthly benefit amount.
  • If someone else supports you: A letter from them indicating they are supporting you.
  • If you are staying in a shelter, a letter from the shelter stating that you are using their services.
  • OR a document that shows what your resources are (tax return, bank statement, etc).