For more information, call our HOME Hotline: 707-843-4432.
The HOME Program helps low-income tenants with eviction defense, Section 8 issues, mobile home park issues, habitability problems and price gouging. We also assist low-income landlords who need help negotiating with tenants.
Our housing team also provides housing outreach services to tenant clients located in remote areas of the County who are unable to come into the office.
- Helps prevent homelessness by preventing unlawful evictions
- Ensures that low-income people have safe and habitable homes
- Helps preserve existing low-income housing
- Makes landlords repair properties rather than leaving them in disrepair.
- Helps tenants who must move, achieve time and financial resources, which helps them transition to other units, or have time to locate temporary housing.
- Helps low-income landlords whose own housing or safety may be at risk due to a problem tenant.
The Homelessness Prevention Project removes barriers to housing for individuals experiencing homelessness and helps keep people on the verge of homelessness, housed.
- We assist with the following legal issues:
- Eviction notices
- Pre-complaint landlord/tenant negotiation
- Expungements and other criminal record issues
- Challenging denials or reduction in public benefits
- Consumer debt
- Clearing past evictions
- Vouchers/subsidized housing issues
- Housing discrimination