For more information, call our HOME Hotline: 707-843-4432.
The HOME Program helps low-income tenants with eviction defense, Section 8 issues, mobile home park issues, habitability problems and price gouging. We also assist low-income landlords who need help negotiating with tenants.
Please complete the Intake Form here for us to contact you and ascertain if you are eligible for our help >>
Our housing team also provides housing outreach services to tenant clients located in remote areas of the County who are unable to come into the office.
- Helps prevent homelessness by preventing unlawful evictions
- Ensures that low-income people have safe and habitable homes
- Helps preserve existing low-income housing
- Makes landlords repair properties rather than leaving them in disrepair.
- Helps tenants who must move, achieve time and financial resources, which helps them transition to other units, or have time to locate temporary housing.
- Helps low-income landlords whose own housing or safety may be at risk due to a problem tenant.
The Homelessness Prevention Project removes barriers to housing for individuals experiencing homelessness and helps keep people on the verge of homelessness, housed.
- We assist with the following legal issues:
- Eviction notices
- Pre-complaint landlord/tenant negotiation
- Expungements and other criminal record issues
- Challenging denials or reduction in public benefits
- Consumer debt
- Clearing past evictions
- Vouchers/subsidized housing issues
- Housing discrimination